Monday, June 18, 2007

edu639sum07 Day One

My first attempt at blogging. This morning was revealing and confusing. I know that teaching from textbooks is obsolete but am not sure of how to replace them. I hoping this class will start a process that leads me in the right direction. The way students learn in todays classroom is to a large degree obsolete. Content is no longer confined to textbooks and libraries.

The goal I've set for myself in this class is to develop learning tools that help me transition from a text focused learning style to the vast amount of information available on the internet. I want to use the internet to allow students to communicate, collaborate and learn. My goal must include management techniques that allow me to be successful with a student load of up to 180 students.

No comments: